Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Two Sisters Walk Into A Kitchen...

Hello, blogosphere. I’m Meg, and this is my sister Liz, and welcome to our culinary adventure.

We’re sisters, but we’re at pretty different stages in our lives. I’m a senior in college, about to move into my first apartment, but Liz just finished her freshman year of high school and still lives with our parents. Another difference? One of us loves to cook, and one of us needs to learn how to cook. Can you guess which one is a dunce in the kitchen? (Still struggling? Here’s a hint: Liz’s specialty is homemade, gourmet pizza. Mine is Annie’s Mac ‘n’ Cheese.)

Despite my severe lack of culinary skills (I know how to boil water, but that’s pretty much it), I love food, and so this summer I’m enlisting my sister to turn me into a master chef. We’ll be chopping, dicing, steaming, boiling, broiling, grilling – you name it, I want to learn how to do it.

It’s going to be an interesting ride. We love each other, sure, but most of the time, one of us usually wants to kill the other one. And that’s before you bring in the sharp knives, boiling water, and cheese graters. Our brother thinks one of us will be dead by the end of the summer. We think we might be able to make it work. Our parents say that as long as the kitchen is spotless and we don’t burn the house down (both pretty tall orders for us) they think we’ll make it out relatively unscathed.

So, as our gift to the world (because we think we’re just that beautiful, hilarious, and incredible), we’ll be documenting our kitchen misadventures. Inspired by my friend over at little chef, BIG appetite, who just started a cooking blog of her own, we’ll be blogging, vlogging, and eating our way through the summer, and hope that you’ll join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment